The Raine Study Symposium will take place on Thursday 26 October 2023, in-person at the University Club of Western Australia.
All of the Raine Study’s researchers, participants, partners and stakeholders are invited to join us as we share research findings, discuss future research pathways, and highlight the innovation and excellence of the Raine Study to all involved.
This event is free to attend but registration is required. Register now via Eventbrite.
EVENT THEME: FAMILY
For 2023 our event theme is “Family”, reflecting the fact that our history-making Generations follow-up is underway, involving three generations of Raine Study participants for the very first time. Not just a Raine Study first, this also makes the Raine Study the world’s first 3-generation pregnancy cohort study. The goal of this year’s Symposium is to celebrate the possibilities this represents for current and future generations of Raine Study researchers and participants as we continue to explore the intergenerational determinants of health and wellbeing from before birth and throughout life’s course.
The latest (draft) program can be viewed here, and will be updated as more speaker details are confirmed.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS – DEADLINE EXTENDED
All Student and Early Career researchers involved in the Raine Study are invited to submit a 3-minute video abstract of their research findings to be considered for selection as a speaker at the Raine Study Symposium on 26 October 2023.
- Interested researchers are encouraged to present on behalf of the Special Interest Groups they are affiliated with.
- Length: Video abstracts should be no longer than 3 minutes duration, using a single background slide without animation or visual effects
- Format: MP4, MOV or WMV file format only. Please record using Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Zoom or equivalent.
- Structure: Background, Aim(s), Results, Conclusion.
- You may include a brief introductory slide including your name, institution, and presentation title.
- Appearance: Please make your slide(s) as easy to view as possible, e.g., dark font on a white background.
- How: Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: RSS 2023 – ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
- Deadline: 4:59pm AWST on Monday 4 September 2023
Further details can be viewed at 2023 Call for Abstracts 20230628.
RAINE MEDICAL RESEARCH FOUNDATION PRIZES FOR BEST PRESENTATION
The Raine Medical Research Foundation have kindly donated two prizes of $750:
- 1x for the Best Presentation by an Early Career Researcher;
- 1x for the Best Presentation by a PhD Student.
It is a condition of presentation that all award monies must be paid into a University, Hospital, or Research Institute research account, or other appropriate account (Project/Grant account) and used to support research activities.
Additional information regarding tickets, keynote speakers, event program and other opportunities for involvement will be added to this page as they become available. In the meantime, you can find video, photos, program information and a recap of the 2022 Symposium event here.