Thanks to the commitment of our participants, the Raine Study, has been able to make life-changing discoveries across all areas of human health and well-being.
We now know life-changing things like:
- Ultrasounds on pregnant mothers are safe and we have set international standards for ultrasounds during pregnancy
- Mothers who don’t smoke during pregnancy increase the outcome of having a happier and healthier child
- Children who grow up without a liquor outlet close to their home drink less as a young adult
- Young adults who participated in sport more as children have stronger bones
- Children who were breast-fed for four months or longer have a healthier weight and less asthma and allergies
- Breast-feeding reduces the chances of a middle ear infection as a young child
- Children with better sleep patterns have better mental health in later life
- Teenagers who eat a healthy diet have better school achievement
- Even if you have back pain as an adolescent, it doesn’t mean you will experience it throughout life
- Children and adolescents who watch less TV have less fat as a young adult
- Vitamin D is good for eye health
- Working less than 38 hours a week decreases your risk of heart disease
Plus so much more…
Over the last 30+ years, research using the Raine Study data has been published in over 500 academic journals.