Thank you to your dedication over the last three decades, the Raine Study has been able to make a number of life-changing discoveries through our research.
Thanks to you we have had over 500 pieces of research published in academic journals.
We now know life-changing things like:
- Ultrasounds on pregnant mothers are safe and we have set international standards for ultrasounds during pregnancy
- Mothers who don’t smoke during pregnancy increase the outcome of having a happier and healthier child
- Children who grow up without a liquor outlet close to their home drink less as a young adult
- Young adults who participated in sport more as children have stronger bones
- Children who were breast-fed for four months or longer have healthier weight and less asthma and allergies
- Breast-feeding reduces the chances of a middle ear infection as a young child
- Children with better sleep patterns have better mental health in later life
- Teenagers who eat a healthy diet have better school achievement
- Even if you have back pain as an adolescent, it doesn’t mean you will experience it throughout life
- Children and adolescents who watch less TV have less fat as a young adult
- Vitamin D is good for eye health
- Working less than 38 hours a week decreases your risk of heart disease
Plus so much more ….
Use the search function below to explore our research.