The Raine Study Symposium will take place on Thursday 26 October 2023, in-person at the University Club of Western Australia.
For 2023 our event theme is “Family”, reflecting the fact that our history-making Generations follow-up is underway, involving three generations of Raine Study participants for the very first time. Not just a Raine Study first, this also makes the Raine Study the world’s first 3-generation pregnancy cohort study. The goal of this year’s Symposium is to celebrate the possibilities this represents for current and future generations of Raine Study researchers and participants as we continue to explore the intergenerational determinants of health and wellbeing from before birth and throughout life’s course.
This event is free to attend but registration is required. Register now via Eventbrite. Registration closes Wednesday 25 October.
A PDF of the 2023 RSS Event Schedule can be downloaded here.
8:30am: Registration opens
9:00-11:00am: SESSION 1
- Welcome to Country
- Official Event Opening Address by the Raine Study’s Patron
- Highlights of the last 12 months
- Senior researcher presentations
- Vision, Cardiometabolic Health, Physical Activity, Cardiovascular Health
- Participant Q&A with Professor Fiona Stanley
11:00-11:30am: Morning tea
11:30am-12:45pm: SESSION 2
- Student researcher presentations
- Early career researcher presentations
- Group photo (all event attendees)
12:45-1:30pm: Lunch and networking
1:30-3:30pm: SESSION 3
- SIG showcase: How three research focus groups are using the Generations follow-up
- Cohort consultation best practice
- Reflecting on 25 years of Raine Study involvement
- From the Raine Study to the Australian Pre-Term Birth Alliance
- Announcement of the Raine Medical Research Foundation prizes for Best Student and Best Early Career Researcher presentations
- The year ahead
3:30pm: EVENT CLOSE
For further information, please visit our dedicated 2023 RSS event page.